Part of the Family

Part of the Family
birthday fun

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday humbug

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving and then will come Christmas/New Year's. These holidays used to be more meaningful when I lived away from family. Now that we have moved back to Texas and into the heart of the family, holidays just aren't special. We see my parents a couple times a week, sisters several times a month, grandchildren and children daily, weekly, or monthly. Every time it's like a mini-reunion. Geez! How much love can I take?

I'm not a conversationalist. I'm an observer and writer. I say something when I have something to say. Chit-chat bores me; however, several of my family members talk enough for both of us.

I keep Christmas for the grandkids. The rest of us don't need presents. Good grief! We can buy what we want or need. I don't have room for more stuff.

I'm thankful all year round. I don't need an appointed day dictated to me. Ugh!

Happy Holidays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment