Part of the Family

Part of the Family
birthday fun

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oops!

Just got back from San Antonio, where I took the grandkids to see their mother at the finish line of the marathon. We went out to celebrate the 13- mile run and her birthday, as well. (You don't really expect me to tell you which birthday, do you?)

So, I'm exhausted from the four miles we had to walk to/from the Alamodome, I unload the Costco stuff I bought on the way home, and think about a nap. Of course, the three glasses of iced tea I had at lunch has filled my bladder. As I head to the bathroom, I discover my skort zipper is down. Yikes! When did that happen? At the restaurant, I think, and I only went to Costco. My shirt covered the "oops," I hope, the whole time I was there.

This immediately brought to mind a couple other fashion disasters. Many years ago I dressed for work in the dark on a winter morning so as not to wake my husband. When I got to work, I saw that my sweater was inside out.

Several years ago I needed some new jeans. I found some, bought them, and put them on. When I got to the grocery store, I looked down and saw that the long, sticky size-label was still adhered to the thigh. Geez, talk about embarrassing!

A few months ago I was in a hurry for my niece's shower and pulled a pair of loafers out of the closet. After greeting everyone, I sat down and happen to see my feet, upon which were two different colored shoes. (That happens more than I like to think because, when I like the fit of shoes, I buy several pairs in different colors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment